Friday, January 22, 2010

Spotlight: Shoes

I'm no shoe fetishist, but I've got to admit that
sometimes nothing completes an outfit like the shoes! That said, with the height some heels have reached, they can seem just as confining, painful, and body-altering as a corset. ('Cage heels' look a bit like torture devices, yikes!) But of course, if even animals preen themselves, why shouldn't we? I guess the question is how much pain for how much gain? Send pics of the shoes you wear to see where
we all stack up. Here's a couple to get things rolling:





These were worn by a friend of mine
for a wedding and stayed on her feet
for a total of about 20 minutes.
Damn cute. Damn painful.





These (a pair of my own I recently inherited) are
waaaaay higher than any shoes I've ever worn, but with the wedge and a snug fit, they actually aren't that bad to walk in. Still can't believe I'm wearing them, though, considering I have old feet injuries and I had sworn off high heels after 5 years of massaging women's feet who's toes had practically fused together from the pressure of tight heels. *shudder*

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As emancipated as I like to think I am, I'm tempted to say that all in all those twenty minutes were worth the pain though- for the ballerina-in -the- music box/ head- in-the-clouds feeling- not to mention the admiration they got! ; ) Loving dressing up is part of my nature! A small part, but its definitely there, as those shoes illustrate! Much love from the ambitious wedding-shoe wearer xx

    ReplyDelete